Nittler for School Board
November 4, 2008 Election
Auburn Union School District, Auburn, California
Contact: 530-885-9891 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Citizens for a Stronger Auburn - Yes On L web site at
My name is Ken Nittler. Iím running for the
Auburn Union School District (AUSD) Board of
Trustees, serving Auburn Elementary, E.V. Cain, Rock Creek and Skyridge schools.
My two children were district students and benefited from outstanding learning
environments. Iím a U.C. Davis graduate and long-time local business owner. If
elected, I will use my professional background in business and technology,
combined with my volunteer leadership to provide the best possible education for
Auburnís public school students.
Besides extensive experience on professional boards, Iíve
served as president of the
Auburn Education Foundation for two years, where Iíve worked to benefit all
district students by raising much-needed funds to support classroom teachers and
vital programs, including libraries and middle school counseling. Iím also
AUSDís Budget Advisory Committee chair and have served on this important
committee for more than five years. These experiences give me a full
understanding of both the challenges and opportunities facing our schools.
To manage any school district in the current economic
environment is tough. Still, I am prepared to help make decisions that benefit
our students, and to ensure the Auburn Union School District continues to
provide a quality education.
Please Vote Nittler for School Board.
- Jim Holmes, Placer County Supervisor
- Keith Nesbitt, City of Auburn Mayor
- Mike Holmes, City of Auburn Councilmember
- Ed Gilligan, Former AUSD Superintendent
- Shana McDonald, AUSD Board Member
- Ken Tokutomi, Placer County Office of Education Board Member
- Doris Chandler, Skyridge School Principal
- Sue Thompson, Hometown Realtors
- Tris DeMauri, AUSD Budget Advisory Committee Vice-Chair
- Kaye Bryant, AUSD Budget Advisory Committee
- Robbie Montalbano, Former AUSD Business Manager
- Lysa Sassman, Teacher and Former President Auburn Union Teachers
- Steve Schaffer, Teacher and Vice-President AUTA
- Daniel Berlant, withdrawn candidate for AUSD board
- Board of Directors - Auburn Education Foundation, 2003-2008. President,
- Board of Directors - National Fenestration Rating Council, 1994-2000,
2003-2005. Secretary, 1997-2000.
- Board of Directors - California Association of Building Energy
Consultants, 1991-1995, Vice-Chair, 1993-1995
- Chair - Auburn Union School District Budget Advisory Committee, 2007-2008,
- Chair - National Fenestration Rating Council Technical Committee,
- Chair - National Fenestration Rating Council U-factor Committee,
- Married to Nancy Nittler. Nancy is the Placer County Personnel Director.
- Two children, one at UCLA and one at Placer High
School. Both attended schools in the Auburn Union School
District before going to Placer High School and beyond.
Education and Professional
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, UC Davis, 1980.
- Licensed Mechanical Engineer, State of California, 1983.
- President and Owner, Enercomp, Inc., established in 1981. Enercomp is
dedicated to providing software and consulting on residential new construction
energy efficiency issues.
- Enercomp's primary software product,
Micropas, is the most widely used software for building energy code
compliance under California's strict Title-24 building code. Since 1983,
Micropas has been used to help builders, architects and owners to document
code compliance on over 1 million California dwellings.
- Enercomp also offers consulting services to government and utilities on
building code and incentive program development and implementation. Clients
include the California Energy Commission and utilities like Pacific Gas &
- WESTLab, a dba of Enercomp
established in 1991, is an National Fenestration
Rating Council accredited simulation laboratory with offices in Auburn,
California; Madison, Wisconsin; and Ontario, Canada. Fenestration is a
technical term for windows, doors and skylights. WESTLab works for window and
door companies throughout North America to provide energy performance product
labeling information used by building codes and consumers. Clients include
major window manufacturers like Andersen, Jeld-Wen, Marvin, Milgard and many
Want to Help?
- Email me to be added to the list of endorsers
- Make a donation to help defray election costs
- Wear a Nittler for School Board button at public events
- Call me at 530-885-9891 or email at
email@example.com to help
Auburn Union School District Boundaries